Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I Wonder...



Last night, while walking home from El Tejano, I came across a young man who was working security outside a neighborhood bar.


As is my usual custom, I stopped, introduced myself, then asked him questions about himself.

Yep, that IS my usual custom!


He told me his name is ADRIAN.

He's in his early 20s.

I asked him what he really wanted professionally.

He told me he's a drummer.

I pushed him to be more specific about what he'd like to do as a drummer.

He then said he'd like to be a drummer for Justin Timberlake.

I told him to go for it! Contact Justin's people! He has NOTHING to lose!

What I know for sure is that NOT being SPECIFIC about WHAT we want, nine times outta ten ONLY gets us NONE of what we want!

SPECIFICITY is KEY!

I gave the young fella a robust hug, then told him I look forward to seeing him drum for Justin!

Truth be told, I truly wonder what will become of him!

I'll keep an eye out for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment