Wednesday, April 1, 2020

That's What I Believe


The COVID-19 bug has turned this country upside down!

Businesses closed!

Schools closed!

Churches closed!

Parks closed!

Damn near everything has closed, so people can remain at home and stop the spread of the disease.

California's governor and mayor strongly advise us to only leave our homes to buy groceries and to take care of medical-related business.

SAFER AT HOME is the name of the order advising Los Angeles County residents to stay home!!!

In addition to the grocery store, I also go to the park daily, just to get in some exercise and sunlight. I make sure to stand far away from everybody! Even farther away than the 6 ft distance suggested.

This is gonna be a tough time for many. Especially those of us who earn our livings in the gig economy. If we don't work, we aren't paid. For the most part. Luckily, I have commercial residuals coming in, but by no means enough to sustain me if this quarantine persists more than a few months. Yes, this crisis will undoubtedly compel folks to start saving much more of their paychecks than we currently have.

Now is the time that those of us who profess to walk in FAITH will be put to the test. While talking to my therapist the other day, I told her that despite all the doom and gloom regurgitated on the internet and TV, on an hourly basis, this ol' boy WON'T worry. Because I'm a true believer that: if you're gonna PRAY, don't WORRY; if you're gonna WORRY, don't PRAY.

I WILL PREVAIL over this temporary debacle.

I WILL RESUME my acting and voice-over work.

I WILL earn even MORE money from those pursuits than I earned BEFORE COVID-19 attacked us!

Come HELL or HIGH WATER, EVERYTHING works in MY FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least...

THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#CAMJrIsBlessed
#StaySAFE
#StayHOME

No comments:

Post a Comment