Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hey, Coach, Let Me In The Game


Within the next 45 minutes I'll be coaching a young actor so that he can ace an audition he has on Monday.  Interestingly enough, I coached another actor for the same role a couple of days ago.  Would that be considered a conflict of interest?  Lol!

All I know is that I enjoy helping folks get to the heart of the character they're performing and watching them make the character come to life.  The guy I coached the other day has truly come a long way since the first time I met him.  Back then, he was simply energetic, fun-loving and incredibly witty.  Now, he's still all those things but his professional success in showbiz, in addition to his training, has made him more confident.  Almost fearless.  And that just has to be evident in his auditions.  The first audition I ever sent him to back in '03 or '04 was for Mtv and he was awful!  Absolutely dreadful!  Sending him into that casting office was my fault, because I expected him to just glide into that office and dazzle them with his natural personality.  I never thought for a moment that he'd be sidelined by his natural NERVES!!!  Oh, well, that was then and this is now.  And, now, he'd KILL in that room!

I don't really know the talent level of the actor I'm coaching today.  I know he's attractive, charismatic and loves his mama.  So, after he leaves here today, I'll know much more about his connection to the craft of acting.  What I do know, though, is that I've got my fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment