Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Nothing Lasts Forever - Especially Electronics!


Okay, so I purchased my current Compaq Presario PC back in 2009. And for all intents and purposes, it's shot! It occasionally shuts down and reboots at will. I know, I know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out I need a new one.

I've known I've needed to replace this darn thing the moment I received an online message, alerting me that Vista and Google Chrome updates would no longer be supported. Well, I've held out with this relic for as long as I can.

I prefer a PC to a laptop, so my replacement is gonna be another PC. What I'm thrilled about is that these new, fancy PCs no longer bother with a tower. They're all-in-one. I love me some all-in-one technology. I remember how elated I was when the all-in-one printers came out!


I've got my eyes on a Premium HP Pavilion 27" Full HD IPS Touchscreen All-in-One Desktop! Amazon is selling it brand new for $1,346.00 plus shipping. Used, it'll set me back $1,060.00. The darn thing looks so sleek. I likes! I likes! Well, I'd like it more if it had an optical drive, but I don't see one listed in its specs. Heck, I don't imagine many new computers come equipped with an optical drive these days. Dang, I never really considered that, like everything else, dvds and cds would become obsolete.

My electronics upgrade also has to include a new printer, because my current HP Officejet 5610xi All-in-One printer conked out, too! I don't recall how long I've had the printer, but I'm thinking it's even younger than the computer. Whatever!

Like always, when I get my new gadgets, I'll be as happy as a sissy at the "Y!" Haaa!

And, like always, when they break down, I'll curse 'em like a sailor on leave!

Haaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment