Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Vanity Ain't Fair


I just received a renewal notice from Vanity Fair. My beloved friend, Smeralda, sent me a subscription last year as a gift. It turns out the magazine is no longer mailed to residents here in Los Angeles, and is hand-delivered like a newspaper. I suspect this is their way of saving money since postage is expensive.

Well, turns out the ONLY issues I actually received were the two they mailed. The others, I never received. And that sucks, 'cause I really wanted to read this month's issue with the incredible LENA WAITHE as the cover model!

I once discovered one issue lying in the middle of my apartment complex's driveway. Placing the darn thing in front of my door must be too much to ask. I called customer service and was told my subscription would be renewed for an extra year to make up for my missing issues. We'll see if the delivery person is instructed to adjust his delivery method.

If not, I'll simply read the magazine online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment