Tuesday, December 18, 2018

King of R&B?


Until sometime last week, I had never heard of a young singer named JACQUEES.

He assaulted my consciousness by confidently proclaiming himself the music industry's current "King of R&B."

Well, a cat can't make a proclamation like that and me not investigate.


Apparently, a young British singer named ELLA MAI released a popular song called Trip. Jacquees must have liked it, because he recorded a remix of the song.

As fate would have it, Jacquees's remix became even more popular than the original song. So popular, in fact, that Ella Mai's record company had it taken down from YouTube.

Well, of course, hardheaded folks keep re-uploading the darn thing. And I'm happy they do, 'cause now I can say I've heard a Jacquees song.

I gotta admit, I like Ella Mai's version of the song, but I think this young boy's remix is even hotter!

I don't know about him being the "King of R&B," though. R. Kelly still holds that spot as far as I'm concerned. But, if this remix is indicative of Jacquees's music, I might have to give him a listen.

Ella Mai's version of TRIP is here!

And THIS is Jacquees puttin' his stank on it!


Hmm.

King of R&B, huh?

We'll see where this thing goes.

If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment