Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Commitments



A Facebook friend sent me a blog post by JAMES EDWARD MURRAY that truly moved me.

In fact, it moved me so much, I feel compelled to adopt the exact same (3) commitments (verbatim) that James mandated for himself in the new year.

So, for 2019 and beyond, I am OFFICIALLY DECLARING to commit to the following:

1.) I commit to embracing my truth in the face of both adversity and success, understanding that “faking it” leads to the success of few and the downfall of many. 

2.) I commit to seeking happiness from within, acknowledging that happiness stems from gratitude for what we HAVE, rather than desire for what we LACK. 

3.) I commit to being vulnerable and authentic, realizing that it’s impossible to live the life God has created for us when we’re not honest with ourselves and the people we love.

I am immensely thankful to my FB friend for sending me James's blog post. I even sent James a note, telling him how moved I was/am by his words.

I sure hope he receives my message.

'Cause I sure as heck received HIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment