Monday, February 25, 2019

And The Oscar for Best Picture Goes To...


GREEN BOOK!

Today, entertainment journalists and couch critics have flooded the internet with all the reasons in the world why the film should NOT have won its Oscar for Best Picture.

I can't stand when people do that! I mean, damn, whether or not a film is good or bad is purely SUBJECTIVE! People complain as if their "learned" opinions represent FACT.

They DON'T!

They represent an OPINION.

Period!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but for me, the most interesting thing about Green Book is that the director, producers and Mahershala Ali (who walked away with an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor) decided to portray Dr. Donald Shirley more like Roscoe Lee Browne than the person he was much more like...

LITTLE RICHARD!

Well, I reckon they had their reasons.

I'll have to catch the film soon.

THIS is the REAL Dr. Donald Shirley:

No comments:

Post a Comment