Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweet Slumber


For the past week, I've had to awaken at 5:00 AM to be at work by 7:00 AM.  If I lived anywhere else other than Los Angeles, I could drive 32 miles in LESS THAN an hour!!  But oftentimes, not here in sunny L.A!!!  Even at that ridiculous hour I sometimes ran into traffic.  Admittedly, not the kind of traffic I encountered when driving back from the gig around the 5 PM-6 PM hour!  Goodness gracious!  It was always bumper-to-bumper at that time!  And, on the way back, I always, always, always felt soooo sleepy.  I mean, I had to lower the windows to let the cool wind hit me.  And turn up the music to ear-splitting decibels!  Truth be told, neither of those things helped!  The only thing that saved me from falling asleep was talking on the phone.  So, yes, I talked while driving so I wouldn't SLEEP WHILE DRIVING!!!!  And, today -- now that the gig is over -- I slept like a baby!  'Til almost NOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment