Thursday, January 13, 2011

Say A Little Prayer

My heart goes out to the former, homeless man with the "golden" voice:  Ted Williams.  In a ten-day period, he has gone from homeless to a national "celebrity" of sorts.  And he's also just been admitted into a rehab facility.  He's been homeless off and on for the past 20 years.  A chance meeting on the street by a newsman with a camera changed his fortunes overnight.  But didn't change who he actually is.  The real Ted.  The addict, Ted.  I hope & pray he can get it together so that he can live a rich life off the fruits of his "golden" voice.  Alas, though, I clearly see that talent isn't enough to insure we'll live our highest lives.  We have to live righteously, too.  And by righteously, I mean living a life in accord with our highest ideals.  Living honestly.  I'm determined to live that way.  And slowly but surely, I'm getting there.  I wish you well, Mr. Williams.  I wish you well.  I'm gonna say a little prayer for you this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment