Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm Leaving On A Scale & Root Plane---Don't Know When I'll Back Again

I went to see a new dentist yesterday, compliments of Groupon.  For $35 I got x-rays and my teeth cleaned.  The hygienist, Eileen, was terrific.  She was so incredibly pleasant and very good at explaining what's what.  She told me that I really need a deep cleaning under my gums.  Scaling & Root Planing is the proper term.  The procedure would cost me $1040.00.  Ouch!  Tyshawn all but ordered me to get it done pronto.  He kept bringing up Steve Jobs's quotes to support his argument.  Honestly, I truly would like to just be able to plop down a thousand bucks on a whim, but I can't.  Of course, the wise man knows if something's very important to him, he MAKES the necessary sacrifices/arrangements to get it!  Enough said. --- The dentist, Dr. Cohen, was dang terrific, too.  This office is more expensive than my usual dentist's, but I sure like their friendliness and clear explanations for all procedures.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  So, I'll be back in that office sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment