Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A True, ACTION Hero


Last night, I watched several, behind-the-scenes videos that author/tv host, Lloyd Boston, makes for himself when he appears on various, tv shows.  And, yes, although I feel extremely happy for him, I watched the final video, thinking, he is doing EXACTLY what I believe I was born to do professionally:  be HIMSELF as a tv host.  The difference between us is HIS work ethic!  I stumbled across a quote from motivational speaker, Tony Robbins, last night penetrates the core of my being.  It's a more accurate version of what Oprah usually says:  "When you know better, you do better."  I've often said that Oprah should amend that quote to:  "When you know better, you have the knowledge to do better, but actually doing better is solely up to you."  

Tony's quote is:  "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know.  Knowing is not enough!  You must take action!"

Lloyd Boston ALWAYS takes action!  From the day I first met him 'til now, he's been a guy who makes things happen.  He identifies what he wants, then he takes action to get it.  Charles Andrew Montgomery Jr (alias "Cam") usually just talks.  The only action I ALWAYS take is separating my lips and allowing intelligent-sounding words to exit my mouth.

I realize I STILL have breath in my body for a reason.  I don't know HOW I'm gonna turn this professional life of mine around, but I know I MUST!  Wait a minute.  I DO know how!  ACTION!  I've GOT to do something TODAY that I DIDN'T do yesterday!  That's the ONLY way!

No comments:

Post a Comment