Monday, October 17, 2011

The Last Of His Kind

I'm currently reading the "memoir" of the late Lew Wasserman, Hollywood big shot who reigned over MCA/Universal for more than 30 years.  Interestingly enough, I have worked in the home of his daughter, Lynne, and was there earlier this year in fact.  Several months afterwards, Lew's wife, Edie, died.  She was 95 years old or so.  Anyway, this book is reallllly interesting.  It truly speaks to what a man can accomplish professionally if he possesses singular focus, an indefatigable work ethic and aligns himself with a successful mentor.  I love reading these kinds of books about Hollywood.  I can tell the takeaway from the book SHOULD be that I have to find some kind of way to infuse some singular focus into my soon-to-be-48-yr-old self!!!!  God bless Lew & Edie.

No comments:

Post a Comment