Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Get Thee Behind Me, Satan


Controlling my cholesterol has been a battle my entire adult life. The lowest it has ever been was 217 or so. The target range is below 200. It has been as high as 349 or so. This is troubling to me because my mother died with a cholesterol total ABOVE 500!!!! Yes, heart disease took her outta here!

I was first medicated with 40 mg of Lipitor. Then, that was increased to 80 mg. The thought of taking that high a dosage didn't sit well with me, so I went back to 40 mg. I have now changed meds and take Lipitor's generic version--Atorvastatin. 

Yet, my cholesterol total is still not below 200. My last reading was 268! 

DAMN!

What gives?????


A day or two ago, this photo popped up on my Facebook page: a flaky, fluffy biscuit, drenched in sausage gravy, accompanied by delicious-looking pieces of fried chicken.

Sinful!

But my, my, my, how I just know I would love every, single morsel! But that's the kind of food that keeps a man's cholesterol total out of whack! 

DANGIT!

I love biscuits!

I love biscuits drenched in sausage gravy!

I love fried chicken (watch your mouth!!!!)!!!!! Lol!

But I love being heart healthy even more.

So...I have to maintain the strength to see food like this and leave it right where I see it. 

On SOMEBODY ELSE'S plate!!!!!

DANGIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment