Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Hold Your Head Up High


The words of Chinese philosopher LAO TZU move me beyond description.

I always want to pride myself on being a really tough guy. Not tough in a physical way. But more so, spiritually and character wise. Yes, I do believe I possess an inner strength that serves me well.

But I must never forget that at my core, I am soft and supple.

And I hope I always remain so!

Lao said...

“Men are born soft and supple; dead they are stiff and hard. Plants are born tender and pliant; dead, they are brittle and dry. Thus whoever is stiff and inflexible is a disciple of death. Whoever is soft and yielding is a disciple of life. The hard and stiff will be broken. The soft and supple will prevail."

“A great nation is like a great man: When he makes a mistake, he realizes it. Having realized it, he admits it. Having admitted it, he corrects it. He considers those who point out his faults as his most benevolent teachers. He thinks of his enemy as the shadow that he himself casts.”

I find that reading Lao's words, while listening to the song below, soothes me.

So, I think I'll keep reading and listening for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment