Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 - "The Year Of Commitment"

  
I brought in this New Year down on my knees in prayer.

I thanked God/The Universe for ushering me into the New Year in good health.

And while on my knees, I pledged to God/The Universe that I'd adopt an aspect of life that I've run from since...well...since birth.


I say, since birth, because I didn't learn to walk 'til I was damn near two!

Lack of commitment!

While on my knees last night, I pledged to commit to EVERYTHING that interests me.

I am living the life I currently live because I have never fully committed to anything.

Not one...single...thing.

My entire existence has been placing one foot into an endeavor, while keeping the other food firmly planted outside.

Easy escape, I reckon.

Always HALF in!

I can't honestly say that I've given my ALL to anything.  

Ever.

Thus, my professional success has always been piecemeal.

And romances?  

One-sided.

How can anybody expect to become a colossal success in anything when he only gives half an effort?

At most!

And the answer is: he CAN'T!

Truth be told, in addition to my health, I am immeasurably thankful that I somehow manage NOT to define my SELF-worth by my NET worth.

'Cause if I did, I'd feel like NOTHING!  

This ol' dude has never been cash poorer than he is today.

Okay, maybe I have been, but not by much.

I am fully committing myself to going all-in on accomplishing a few career goals before 2019 rolls around.

And I know precisely how to do it:

COMMIT to doing it!

FULLY!

With both feet!

ALL-IN!



I brought in this New Year down on my knees in prayer.

God willing, I'm bringing in the NEXT New Year down on my knees in prayer, 

Giving gratitude for ALL that I've accomplished in 2018.

And I'll do just that.

As long as I'm committed.

And I am.

Amen.
   




No comments:

Post a Comment