Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mama Ru & Lady O


I enjoyed this recent interview with RuPaul and Oprah.

RuPaul made an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show years ago, but this interview was longer and more personal.

Honestly, I have gotten a kick out of RuPaul's Drag Race since season 2.

I recall back in my NYC days, going to Tompkins Square Park to see Wigstock.  It was at the height of RuPaul's Supermodel song.

After RuPaul performed that day, he had a meet and greet at which fans could purchase a t-shirt, and he'd autograph it.  The cost was $10.00.

When it was my turn up at bat, I tried to be a typical New Yorker, and tried to get a bargain.

He said, "Ten dollars and an autograph."

I said, "Five dollars, no autograph."

He looked me up and down, then, without missing a beat, said, "Next!"

Haaaa!

Needless to say, I walked away from Wigstock WITHOUT a t-shirt!

I'm happy he and his show are doing so well.

Perseverance is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment