Saturday, January 20, 2018

Johnny Wactor, I'm Rooting For You


Earlier today I ran into a former neighbor.  Mr. JOHNNY WACTOR!


Johnny moved to Los Angeles from South Carolina to make a name for himself in film and television.

Well, as is the case 99.9% of the time for Hollywood hopefuls, several years have passed and stardom hasn't fervently embraced him just yet.


He's had a few dances with the bright lights, though.

I saw him on CBS's popular Criminal Minds.



And on NBC's Siberia.



He told me that's he's made some changes in his life that he deems will benefit him.

Change #1: Maturity.

The man has simply grown up and cast aside the folly of his youth.  He now readily identifies what serves him, and what doesn't.

Change #2: Sobriety.

He has stopped working as a bartender, and has stopped drinking.  In fact, he said he's been alcohol-free for the past seven months.

He asked me how I keep such a positive attitude.

I told him my truth: I keep a positive attitude because it's the only attitude that serves me.  I don't like feeling bad.  I don't like stress.  So, I consciously choose NOT to reside in either of their worlds.

Heck, at this very moment, I have a couple reasons most folks might be stressed out, but this ol' dude is gonna power through them until I come out on the other side feelin' like a champ!  I have no other viable alternative.

I hugged Johnny several times before we parted ways.


And I told him that I hope he knows that I'm rooting for him.

I always have.

And I always will!

UPDATE: It was announced in late January 2020 that Johnny would be starring on long-running soap opera GENERAL HOSPITAL as "Brando!!"

Yippee!!!!!!

See, his PERSEVERANCE paid off!!!

BRAVO, Johnny! BRAVO!

1 comment:

  1. I love this article! It seems there's not much info out there about him. Fans of his, myself included couldn't even find out his birthday so we could organize something for him. So learning a little more about him is always nice!

    ReplyDelete