Tuesday, January 23, 2018

This Is Everything


Tonight's episode of This Is Us was as riveting as always.  Honestly, the creators and writers of that show certainly know how to write characters you care about.

The actors must feel so incredibly blessed to have such terrific work to perform each week.  I mean, the roles are so realistic.  And so are the situations in which the characters find themselves.

Just like everybody else who watches the show, I've been dyin' to see how Jack Pearson (the father) died.  Now, I know.  We didn't actually see him burn to death on this episode, but we will on the next.  And leave it to NBC to schedule that episode immediately after Super Bowl LII.  That means, there will be millions of viewers.  Bravo, NBC!  Excellent move!


I felt all warm and fuzzy inside when I saw the incomparable, writer/producer/actor Lena Waithe show up on the show.  She is the first black woman to win an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series.  Anyway, what I love most about her is that she's unapologetically gay.  Her character tonight was an animal shelter employee.  At one point, she referred to her wife.  I thought, go 'head, Lena, with your bad self.  Live OUT LOUD!!!!!  Granted, her appearance is such that even Stevie Wonder could see she's a lesbian, but still, I love that there's shame in her lesbian game.  Not one iota!  Apparently Hollywood is loving her as an actor as much as they love her writing, because soon she'll be appearing in Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One, in addition to her recurring gig on Netflix's Master Of None.  You go, Lena!  You go!

I hope I can keep my excitement contained until next week's This Is Us.  I'm sure they'll probably reserve Jack's death to the last moments of the episode.  They're torturous the way they make us rabid fans wait for the good stuff!

Tortured or not, God willing, I'll be watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment