Friday, January 19, 2018

Good Night, My Fiji Brother


I learned the other day that one of my fraternity brothers passed.

His name was Christopher Conerly.  To everybody in the fraternity, he was simply Chris.

Truth be told, I don't remember him.  I really don't.

But what makes me want to talk about him is his obituary.


His obituary is written so beautifully, and illustrates what a phenomenal man he was in the eyes of whomever wrote it.

Honestly, I smiled the entire time I was reading it.

And a part of me, actually more of me than not, hoped that when I die, someone thinks to write something just as beautiful and heartfelt about me.

Many of my fraternity brothers and I communicate via a Facebook page (Wabash Guys) that one of the guys created.  There, we discussed Chris's passing.  Although he passed in September 2017, we just found out.

Interesting how we lose touch with one another.  But boy, oh boy, am I happy that Facebook allows us to catch up.  I tell ya, that website has reconnected more folks than anybody could ever count.

I sincerely hope that Chris loved the life he created for himself.  In my humble opinion, that's the greatest accomplishment any man/woman could ever achieve.


Good night, my Fiji Brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment