Sunday, July 25, 2010

7th Grade Revisited

Well, Facebook has done it again!  Last week I reconnected with my 7th grade English teacher, Mrs. Hurlbut.  I always enjoyed her.  Always!  She was the person who introduced me to the Indiana Repertory Theatre.  She arranged for me to be a volunteer usher way back when I was 13 yrs old.  Anyway, over the years, I recall reaching out to her when I was 21 yrs old and working as an intern in NYC for Good Morning America.  I haven't spoken to her since.  And that was twenty-five years ago.  Well, thanks to Facebook, I am back in contact with her again.  And, this time, I'm gonna suggest we actually see each other in person!  When I look at her photos on Facebook, she still looks like the same, terrific teacher I remember.  Okay, maybe a little different, but heck, to  her, I must look a LOT different.  I mean, so different that if I didn't tell her WHO I am, she'd NEVER know!!!  'Cause I reckon I don't look much like the 13-yr-old she saw last!!!  Anyway, I'm sooooooooooo happy we've reconnected!  I can't wait 'til I see her in person, though.  That should really be a blast!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment