Sunday, July 25, 2010

Loose Lips Sink Ships

One of my friends told me a story today that really hit home.  He told me that he once met a fella he was really attracted to.  The fella felt the same way about him.  Anyway, in order to keep everything on the up & up, the fella told my friend that he is living with HIV.  That tidbit of info set my friend's head a-spinning.  And, shortly thereafter, their "courtship" dissolved.  Well, my friend told another of his friends about the situation.  That friend asked for particulars (meaning:  he wanted the name of the fella).  Naively, my friend revealed the name.  Guess what?  Turns out that after revealing the actual name of the dude living with HIV, my friend's "friend" told someone else.  Needless to say, someone else wound up comin' back to my friend to voice his displeasure that my friend had told anybody anything in the first place.  Moral of story:  consider it a given that anything you tell to anyone can possibly get around to someone else.  And...that EVERYTHING you tell of a salacious nature WILL get around.  PERIOD!  Best thing to do to keep out of that kind of drama is to keep your mouth SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My friend learned his lesson the hard way.  But he learned his lesson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment