Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Closed Mouth Doesn't Get Fed

It is so incredibly difficult for me to ask for help.  And the reason for that is because I never like the idea of possibly putting anyone out.  When I first learned to drive at 16 yrs old, it used to almost kill me to ask my father to borrow his car.  Because even if he said, yes, the way he'd turn up his nose and mouth made it abundantly clear to me that he wished I hadn't asked.  After a couple more face scrunches, I stopped asking him and started asking my mother to ask him instead.  As an adult, I still refrain from asking for assistance from friends and family.  I have gone without whatever it was I really needed because I didn't want to "put anyone out."  Well, this is my reality today.  I need money.  And in order to get it, I need a job.  A regular job.  I haven't had a regular, 9-to-5 job in years!  And I'm talkin' damn near fifteen years!  But I need one now.  So, I did something just a bit ago that I've never done.  I asked a friend who has one of those jobs if he could help me land one at his place of employment.  He mentioned that there would be an opening in the Marketing Dept coming up and that he'd look into having me fill it.  No, I've never worked in a Marketing area per se, but dang it, I marketed my clients something fierce when I had my talent management business.  Anyway, I'm just happy I opened up my mouth and told him that I'm in need.  He even offered to lend me some money if I needed it.  I do, but I declined.  Asking for his assistance to land me a job is enough at the moment.  What will be, will be.  The future is mine to see.  Que sera, sera.

1 comment:

  1. Interested in getting paid for doing what you are already doing right now - BEING ONLINE ?

    Watch this short video ~~> @ http://tinyurl.com/PSIntro1

    There are zero costs to just keep doing what you are already doing right now, and earn another source of income for your family.

    Getting Older & Better Everyday,

    Chuck S.
    http://tinyurl.com/PSIntro1
    Chuck@TiredOfJustGettingBy.net
    Skype: CFSEnterprises

    PS Here are two more free ways to create more income sources for you:

    http://tinyurl.com/IncomeSource2
    http://tinyurl.com/IncomeSource3

    ReplyDelete