Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hyper-Sensitivity

I think I'm gettin' too sensitive as I grow on in age.  Honestly, I find myself dissolved to actual tears when I watch people on television hurl nasty comments at each other.  I really weep when they physically assault each other.  This happens even when I'm watching JERRY SPRINGER!  And everybody and their mama tells me that the people on that show are "just acting."  Well, acting or not, saying really nasty things ABOUT someone TO that someone makes me feel bad.  Really bad.  And, as a result, I shed a tear.  Or two.  Or three, etc.  -- All my life I've avoided confrontation.  Can't stand it.  It is my custom to get out of Dodge when a possible confrontation rears its ugly head.  Lately, though, I find that when people I like don't get in touch with me on a regular basis I wonder if I've offended them in some way.  If something about me has run them off.  Silly, I know.  But I still feel what I feel.  I reckon what has to happen is that my life has to get a lot BUSIER!  I mean, if I truly had something productive and enjoyable to do--more often than not--I wouldn't have time to think about whether or not folks are tired of me!  Haa!  I've got too much dang down time on my hands!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment