Saturday, September 11, 2010

Introducing...


One of the highlights of working catering gigs lately is carpooling with my friend, Brian. No, I don't really do anything with him outside of work, but I still consider him a dear friend.

Honestly, he has to be one of the brightest fellas I've ever met. He seems to know a little bit about everything. And a lot a bit about a lot of things.

Anyway, when I ride with him, I enjoy being introduced to new music. He always tells me that many of the songs he plays for me are "classics." But, truth be told, is a classic really a classic if you've never heard of it? Reminds me of the question about a tree falling in the forest.

Well, last night, he introduced me to a couple of songs by Radiohead and Jimi Hendrix. Until last night, I had no idea that Jimi actually sang. I always thought he only played the guitar. See, you can learn somethin' new every day. That is, when you close your mouth and LISTEN.

I enjoy Brian.

A lot.

Actually, a whole hell of a lot!

And I wish him the very best that life has to offer. 

Because he deserves it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment