Thursday, September 16, 2010

He Ain't Heavy

Although I don't deem myself to have much money.  Okay, virtually NONE.  I still derive a great deal of joy from treating others who are down on their luck to something to eat.  And to a listening pair of ears.  The three, college freshmen I know always get my ears.  A few adults I know get treated to food.  And tomorrow is no exception.  I intend to take a fella I've only met in person once out to lunch.  While there, I intend to get to the bottom of his physical, financial and psychological woes.   No, I can't easily afford to treat him to lunch but I'm going to do it anyway.  Just as I treated one of my workout buddies to dinner earlier tonight.  I do these kinds of things and enjoy doing them because I truly, truly feel incredible when I see that I've brought a smile or an hour's worth of peace & comfort to their lives.  Yes, afterward I wonder how a particular bill will be paid.  Then, I remind myself that I am touched by an angel and the bill(s) WILL get paid!  For as long as I have breath in my body and at least TWO nickels to rub together, I will listen to and feed those who are dying to be heard and nourished.  I doubt that the angel(s) looking over me would ever inhibit/prohibit me from doing so!  Not ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment