Friday, April 29, 2011

God Bless The Child

Today, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, marries, Kate Middleton.  Media all around the world will cover the event.  Good for them.  I won't be watching, though.  Not even a second of it.  Well, when I'm out and about later today, if it's on wherever I find myself, perhaps I'll take a look then.  But only then.  I won't be turning on my own tv set to see it.  I felt the same way back in 1981 when William's parents married.  I distinctly remember where I was at that time.  I was in Hart, Michigan with several other high school students, participating in a leadership program.  We found ourselves in some folks' house, and the wedding was on.  We all watched.  Well, that was then and this is now.  I won't be watching this time.  But I do wish Prince William and Kate a happy and loving marriage.  May God bless the child of the couple who didn't have such a happy & loving marriage themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment