Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Voice...Finally!

The ads for THE VOICE have been running for what seems like an eternity.  But, alas, the show has finally arrived.  It's on right now, actually.  Anyway, I've gotta admit that I like it's premise.  The four pros who judge the contestants sit with their backs to the vocalists so that they don't see the singer and only focus on their voices.  Brilliant!!!  Goodness knows the music industry as it stands today is more concerned with style over substance; thus, folks who couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag with a million holes in it, are colossal superstars!  They look good.  And that's been enough!  Well, I hope the contestants on this show get  the mentoring the show's producers promise.  And the recording contract for the eventual winner.  I love singers.  Always have.  Always will.  So, I give all these singing contests a listen.  I'm lookin' forward to watching and listening to Scott on The X Factor USA.  No, he hasn't yet been confirmed as a contestant, but the power of positive-thinking is my friend.  Always has been.  Always will be!!!!

P.S.  I noticed two contestants tonight whom I've seen compete on other, televised, singing competitions.  Tarralyn Ramsey actually won Vh1's 2003 series, Born To Diva.  Nothing really became of her career, though.  And in that same year, Frenchie Davis was booted off American Idol for having posed topless on an internet site years prior.  I wish the best for both women.  It's obvious they love singing and will continue to do whatever they have to do to gain the public's affection.  After all, perseverance is omnipotent!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment